Thursday, December 31, 2009

What are Your New Year's Resolutions?

Photo: Creative Commons License


Aside from having professional "resolutions" in the upcoming new year, I have several personal ones as well that I wanted to share.



  1. Start running again. I used to be a marathoner, and I got way lazy after my wedding in 2008. So my main goal in 2010 is to run the Brooklyn 1/2 Marathon and get back into the running groove again.

  2. Eat Local Foods. I recently saw Food Inc. For a long time I've always been very against factory farming, to the point I was a vegan. On the other hand, I never had any idea to the extent of how even our produce is handled. Living in Brooklyn with so many farmer's markets to choose from (including the famous Union Square one in Manhattan, of which I'm only 3 train stops away from), there is no excuse for me to not eat more locally grown foods. If I had a yard I'd try my hand at gardening but I don't, so I guess I'll save that goal for another year.

  3. Go "out" more often. My husband and I are total homebodies. One of our joint goals is to try to go out and do something once a week, whether it's go to a museum or a comedy show. There's so much to do in this city and we never take advantage of it.


Three is enough for me to start with. What are your New Year's Resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin