Friday, November 20, 2009

What We're Bringing for Thanksgiving

My husband and I this year are visiting his mother in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. Being my family is based out of New York and I see them all the time, I especially love being able to visit my husband's family when we can for the holidays since he doesn't often get to see them. Also since Philly isn't a very long drive from Brooklyn, only about 2 hours, it makes for a nice long weekend vacation.

Last year we visited my mother-in-law as well, and I cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner (my first!). This year we decided to split up the work a bit and instead my mother-in-law is handling the turkey, and my husband and I handling all the side dishes.

I really want to avoid having to cook anything the day of, being we all know there's only room for one cook in any kitchen. So my goal is to create my menu around all make-in-advance recipes that can all be warmed up in an oven at the same temperature. Also, I want everything to be relatively healthy as well as delicious.

All the below receipes are currently in the running. Not sure which we'll bring but they all look delicious!




Zesty Broccoli Casserole via Cooking Light

Sourdough Stuffing with Pears and Sausage via Cooking Light


Are you currently hosting Thanksgiving? What are you making this year? I love to share good recipes so feel free to send some my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin