Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding Registry Items for Cramped City Kitchens

It's been almost a year since my wedding and over a year now since my bridal shower. Initially right before our wedding my husband and my original plan was to move out of the apartment we've been sharing for the past 4 years and move into a new place right after our wedding. A fresh start for our new lives together so we thought. So with that in mind, I left many of our wedding gifts in storage at my parents home, who have plenty of space compared to Mr. Feld and my tiny Brooklyn apartment.

Fast forward to now, and we're still in the same apartment so I finally started moving all my registry and gift items little by little from my parents home on Long Island over to my apartment. Going though the gifts, there were several items I forgot I registered for which are perfect for our tiny city kitchen. They pack all the convenience of items every foodie would want in their kitchen without taking up a ton of space. Here's a quick sampling of my top picks.

The Cuisinart Smart Power Duet Blender and Food Processor

I love this appliance! Not only is it a great quality blender, it also has a scaled down food processor attachment that goes with it. No need to have two appliances. Photo from Bed Bath & Beyond.



Collapsible Funnel
I can't tell you how many times I've needed a funnel for random kitchen jobs. This one is great because it folds flat so it stores easily in a kitchen drawer. Photo from Bed Bath & Beyond.
SleekStor Collapsible Measuring Cups and Spoons
I only have one drawer in my kitchen, and it previously was taken over by bulky measuring cups and spoons. These as the name says are sleek as well as heat proof, and are a great addition to any tiny kitchen. Photo from Bed Bath & Beyond.


Dexas POPWare 2.5-Quart Expandable Collapsible Silicone Colanders
By far these are my favorite kitchen space saver. Colanders are a major space hog in any kitchen never mind a tiny one. These are great in that they fold totally flat to easily fit in your kitchen cabinet. Photo from Bed Bath & Beyond.



Seville Classics Bamboo Cutting Board with Plastic Inserts
I can not tell you how convenient this cutting board is. There is a different color plastic insert for each type of food item you prepare (which you should keep separate anyway). So there's a meat insert, a poultry insert, a produce insert, etc. What makes this cutting board great for small kitchens is when you are done cubing your meat, you take that insert and toss it in the sink and then pull out your produce insert and put it on top of the cutting board. The inserts take up no room in the sink at all being they are so thin, and they are also dishwasher safe. Photo from Amazon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin