Friday, September 4, 2009

Elegant Casual Beach Wedding Inspiration

My upcoming trip to Jamaica has my creative juices all flowing and in a way has me second guessing my approach to my own wedding. Don't get me wrong, I had a wedding to die for. It was huge, grand, beautiful and everything most little girls dream of. But all that did come at a price. It was ridiculously time intensive to plan, plus we had so many guests at the wedding my husband and I never really got to enjoy the day. We were constanting running around the entire evening. I love t0 dance and I think I had maybe 5 minutes to dance the entire night (and that's including my first dance!). Knowing this now, there is something very appealing to me and romantic about exchanging your vows in front of only your closest friends and family, surrounded by the beautiful, calming graces of nature on the beach.

How would things have been different if my husband and I instead had decided on a small, casual wedding in our beloved Jamaica? My tastes have a tendancy to lean more towards elegant yet somewhat modern and sexy. So for my beach wedding I would want it to be in all neutral tones, with all the color in the wedding coming from nature via the beach, ocean, surrounding tropical greenery, etc. I'd also want to incorporate very simple, clean lines and majority of my design elements from natural sources, like sea shells, corral and driftwood.

Check out my "Elegant Casual Beach Wedding" Inspiration board below and let me know what you think and what you would do for your dream beach wedding. As a fun note I have to say, I LOVE the wedding gown below and might just buy it to wear at a later date (maybe my vow renewals?), it's only $155.00!

Photo Credits: Reception Photo, Farfalla Wedding; Color Palette, Colour Lovers; Wedding Gown, Dragon Orient; Salt & Pepper Shell Trays, Floral Arrangement and Sea Shell Place Cards, Martha Stewart Weddings; Sea Shell Candles, Wedding Things; Bridesmaid's Dress, Beach Wedding Ideas; Wedding Cake, Pink Cake Box; Sandals in Bucket, Wedding Moo; Groomsmen Photo, Style Me Pretty (photo by Studio Foto)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin