Friday, October 2, 2009

My Paper Anniversary Gift


I've been pretty scarce lately as far as keeping up with my blog, Twitter and other social media outlets lately and for that I apologize. I've had a crazy week or so keeping up with work, having a tooth pulled and overall getting ready to leave for my big one year anniversary vacation. I write this to you minutes before leaving for my trip and I'm so excited!

Prior to leaving I just had to share with you the anniversary gift my husband gave me tonight. My husband and I met when I was a student at the Maryland Institute, College of Art in Baltimore, Maryland where I was a General Fine Arts major. My primary focus was digital media but during that time I did a lot of drawing, painting and traditional media as well. After graduating and over the years I drifted away from fine art, focusing most of my work in the digital field in graphic design and marketing. After a yard sale a few weeks ago I found one of my old sketchbooks and it's made me want to give it a go again.

So in the few weeks leading up to our vacation, I've been telling my husband how I was thinking while in Jamaica I was going to take some time to do some sketching and watercolor painting, which I haven't done in years at this point in time. Tonight when I arrived home from work, my husband surprised me with a brand new sketchbook and some colored pencils, and left an inscription in the book that reads "The future is ours... we just have to paint it together." How sweet is that!? To top it off my husband had to be all adorable about it informing me "I did some research and our first anniversary is our paper anniversary so I thought a sketchbook was perfect". Awwwww!
My husband has always been the most amazing gift giver, but this gift in particular touched me like no other, being it reminds me of the time when we met as well as imagine our future. I can't wait to use it while on our anniversary vacation, and I promise to post some pictures of my work when I return.
Everyone have a fantastic week and you'll hear from me again when I return!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin