Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Inspired 50th Birthday Invitations





I love working on birthday invitations being you can always have a bit more fun with them, compared to more formal events like weddings. So I was excited when Terese contacted me to design invitations for her big 50th birthday celebration!

Being Terese's birthday is in October, she wanted to do something with not necessarily a a full out fall theme, but fall colors like rusts, copper, orange, yellow, crimson and more. Fall is my absolute, favorite season (which is why I got married in the fall) so immediately all sorts of ideas filled my head of beautiful ways to capture the season on paper. Terese also loves anything Tuscan, so using the fall colors also falls really well into that theme as well.

The invitation I designed for her incorporated all these elements. I included a fall-themed scroll design in the corner, and used a fun script font for the important details. The stock colors she chose were beautiful and went so well together. I especially loved the burnt orange/copper colored backer card which matched the envelopes, which to me perfectly reflected the fall season.

Happy Birthday Terese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin